Until recently it has been impossible to display a single-use coupon code from Amazon to shoppers without having to pay about $50/month for a web service or writing some code yourself.
That all changed recently when a kind, giving programmer threw together a simple WordPress plug-in which allows you to do just that.
It’s so new it doesn’t even have a snazzy name!
Also, you have to manually install it since it’s not in the plugin marketplace for WordPress yet.
Here’s the link to the code you’ll need.
Instructions for installing (in case you don’t already know how to manually install a plug in:
- Download the plug in by clicking on “Download Zip”
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel
- Go to Plugins
- Select Upload Plugin
- Browse to the zip and select it.
- Click Install
In a few moments the zip will install itself and that’s it!
The plug-in is super simple. All it does is display the codes you paste into it wherever you place the shortcut code.
To get going with this:
- Click on Coupon Code
- Paste in your codes (or any series of numbers if you want to test it)
- Save Changes
- Create a page (I did one called “test” just to give this a try)
- Place the shortcode, [gowpccd], in the body of the message
- Save and view the page
You’ll notice that when you refresh the page, the next code is displayed.
(Many thanks to Wodpress Developer Karpstrucking for writing this short but highly useful bit of code!)