My previous blog is still being hosted on Typepad.com. They’ve been pretty good hosts, but the allure of moving to WordPress has become too great.
Plus it’s a lot cheaper to set up a domain on GoDaddy and build WordPress sites there than it is to do the same thing on TypePad.
My family and job duties being what they are, I don’t know that I’ll write as much as I’d like to, but I’m going to make a go of it.
Another vector that has me creating a new blog is the idea of not giving all my thoughts to a site I don’t actually control (like Facebook or Google+).
I’ll still share to those sites, but the source content really should be living somewhere that I can control in case FB’s algorithms/humans decide I’ve broken a rule or something.
If you’re new to my world, the kinds of things you can expect by way of topics are more or less as follows:
- Marketing, since it’s my day job so I’m around it a lot.
- Technology stuff–I’m a bit of a geek. Love using it to get more done (being paperless, for example).
- Some political thoughts, although I try to limit this because I like my low blood pressure.
- Things related to being a father of five amazing kids.
- Whatever’s left. Most of these things come to me in the shower, though, so may have to wait until I get a water-resistant Samsung S5 (refer to previous “I’m a geek” statement).
Writing is as much for me as it is for anyone who may want to read what I write (for some reason). I find it cathartic and so gaining a following is really not something I’m aiming for particularly–at least not for this blog.
By all means comment and join in, though, if something strikes a chord and you want to chat about it. Engagement is good fun and I enjoy it tremendously.
Here’s to another self-publishing adventure!